I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Santa brought you all the toys you asked for. Of course, the celebrations aren’t over just yet. We still have to see the New Year in, which means one last chance to enjoy the diminishing mountain of chocolate and bottles of wine. But when 2012 does arrive, do you have your health and fitness goals ready?
Every New Year, the majority of us want to make resolutions about eating healthier and getting fitter. Think back over the years; have you done this? And more importantly, did you achieve what you wanted? Or did your new fitness regime become as attractive as another turkey sandwich?
The secret to success involves a combination of things, but the first stepping stone is to have the desire to change. If you have this, then the next step is to set some goals.
So think about a short, medium and long term goal. You can have more than one if you want, but actually write them down and put a time frame on them. Stick them on the fridge door if it helps to keep you motivated or post them on the Tribal Facebook page so you can support each other.
I have indulged a lot over the Christmas period. I do every year. And I don’t feel guilty about it or punish myself for eating and drinking too much because I choose to roll with the life events and accept that my weight and fitness will fluctuate. And I thoroughly enjoy it. But now is the time that I start to get a bit excited because I look forward to feeling stronger and fitter and healthier and can’t wait to see and feel the results that I know are coming in the next few months. So why don’t we do it together? I will write out my goals below for you to look at and I will also post them on the Facebook page, so feel free to pop yours on there too and we can all help each other out.
Short term goals (End of Feb)
- to have exercise built in as a regular part of my weekly lifestyle
- to have lost some body fat and be able to fit back into my favourite jeans
- to be drinking at least 1litre of water a day
Medium term goals (Start of July)
- to have toned arms
- to be having at least 4 portions of fruit/vegetables at least 5 days a week
- to feel fantastic in all the lovely summer clothes I have gathering dust in my wardrobe (and actually be able to take the labels off a few this year!)
Long term goals (Next Christmas)
- to have increased back strength and better posture
- to have toned thighs with increased strength
- to be in the best shape I have ever been in!
Set your goals now and lets do this together!